Information - Overview
There are two airports serving Belfast:
- George Best Belfast City Airport is three miles from the city centre, connected by rail (Sydenham - Great Victoria Street).
- Belfast International Airport is nineteen miles from Belfast at Aldergrove. A shuttle service connects with the city centre, operated by Ulsterbus.
Many airlines fly regularly to Belfast, including:
- Aer Arann
- Aer Lingus
- BMI Baby
- British Airways
- British European
- British Midland - FlyBe
- Continental Airlines
A selection of routes and ferry operators are available. Belfast is most easily reached from the following ports:
- Belfast Port is located 1.5 km from the city centre and can be reached by bus, taxi or on foot.
- Larne lies 32 km east of Belfast, with bus and rail connections.
- Dublin is over 160 km south of Belfast but well connected by rail and bus services.
- Belfast-Heysham: Isle of Man Steam Packet Company (Seacat)
- Belfast-Liverpool: Norse Merchant Ferries
- Belfast-Stranraer: Stena Line
- Belfast-Troon: Isle of Man Steam Packet Company (Seacat)
- Belfast-Douglas (IOM): Isle of Man Steam Packet Company (Seacat)
- Larne-Cairnryan: P&O European Ferries
- Larne-Fleetwood: P&O European Ferries
- Dublin-Holyhead: Irish Ferries
- Dublin-Holyhead: Stena Line
- Dublin-Liverpool: Isle of Man Steam Packet Company (Seacat)
The following companies provide long-distance services to Belfast, including cross-channel routes and Belfast-Dublin:
- Ulsterbus (UK & Irish services)
- Bus Eireann (UK & Irish services)
- National Express (UK & Irish services)
Rail connections are available from both UK and Dublin.
- Irish Rail
- Network Rail: travel information from UK.
- NI Railways: Belfast-Dublin Enterprise service.
- Information on connecting services sometimes available from ferry operators.
All ferry ports are well connected by road. Within Northern Ireland, motorways link Belfast with the north and the west of the Province, and the Westlink between the M1 and M2 and a city ring road make it easy to navigate Belfast's traffic system. A good road link connects Belfast with Dublin in the south.
The main Campus is easily and quickly reached from the city centre. Click here to look at maps.